cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditor adding incorrect data on credit report one year later!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditor adding incorrect data on credit report one year later!!

I am in the middle of a mortage loan(FHA). I recenly paid off a car loan with a finance  company-they reported my last payment as >30 days late. When I called them an told them this was a mistake-they acknowledged it and sais they would remove-however, in the process-they decided to mark TWO payments as being late in July/August 2015-AFTER they initially reported them as being paid on-time! I have the reports with this information showing it was marked as "OK" . How is this fair to me and any ideas on what I can do since this is so very wrong for them to DO! I cannot belive a legit finance company woudl so this! I have opened a compaint with the BBB as well. 

Should I submit the old reports to ech bureau and dispute? Changes that this could make a difference and they would update?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: creditor adding incorrect data on credit report one year later!!

I would think your canceled checks or bank statements are better evidence as the finance company can claim the are correcting previously incorrect reporting of the account. You might try showing this to the finance company first in an effort to resolve the problem and if that is not successful then dispute. If all else fails file a complaint with the CFPB and upload your checks or statement as proof.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.