Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

critics my mortgage score plz

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

critics my mortgage score plz

so out of curiosity, i purchased the new scoring system on myfico. here is my quick background EQ with no collection, TU/EX with 2 medical paid collections coming off end of this year. INQ: TU 2 EQ 5 AAoA: 1 yrs 11 months utilization at 5% myfico 08 EQ: 703 TU: 650 EX: 647 the new mortgage scores EQ: 681, i am not quite sure why it's lower with no collection EX: 698, higher than EQ but have closed collection TU: not available will i be ready for a conventional mortgage this summer?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: critics my mortgage score plz

sorry for the long paragraph, it wont let me start a new paragraph no matter how i edited
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
the new mortgage scores EQ: 681, i am not quite sure why it's lower with no collection

It's a different scoring model and it weighs factors differently than the FICO 8 models.

@Anonymous wrote:
not available will i be ready for a conventional mortgage this summer?

You'd have to confirm with your mortgage lender to see what they're looking for.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
the new mortgage scores EQ: 681, i am not quite sure why it's lower with no collection

It's a different scoring model and it weighs factors differently than the FICO 8 models.

@Anonymous wrote:
not available will i be ready for a conventional mortgage this summer?

You'd have to confirm with your mortgage lender to see what they're looking for.

+1

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk to the lender you intend to use about a pre-approval. Underwriters at different lenders sometimes look at different things.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.