cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

death of a spouse -- kills AU-based credit history?

tag
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: death of a spouse -- kills AU-based credit history?

I think the only way to get a definitive answer would be to call each of the companies she is an AU on and ask them. As an assumption I would think each company would have their own policy on this. Even if it is similar therd may be differences that could affect her.
Another option is to talk to an elder financial advisor. I'm certain that they would be very useful in helping to be sure your mom is not left up the creek so to speak if you dad where to pass on first.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: death of a spouse -- kills AU-based credit history?

Thanks to all.  I'll be spending a week with my folks in August and I will talk to my dad then. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.