Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debt paid in full - still reported as collection account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

debt paid in full - still reported as collection account

I paid my debt in full  in december '07 - ( MAD collection agency) - but that collection account is still on my file. ( only on Experian) .  After several  phone calls to poor Experian custumer service Im still without answer.  Experian is  still saying I should make a dispute - but they dont want to understand - it is impossible to make a dispute - I already did,and Im getting message - report is accurate . Mad is saying they have comunication problems with Experian - nothing else they can do. Circle. I can't even add a statement to my file ,because there is no such a option like - debt paid in full ....
What can and should I do? Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: debt paid in full - still reported as collection account

If the CA had agreed to remove this with a PFD agreement... it may take a few days, a month, or 2, or 3...

You can speed it up by mailing them a dispute and using a different reason code.. like 'company agreed to remove', incorrect balance (if still showing unpaid), etc. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 3
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: debt paid in full - still reported as collection account

Did you PFD?  If not...it can stay on your report for up to 7 years.  Just paying a collection won't make it go away....it must report as a paid collection though!
takin' it one day at a time
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.