Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debt validation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

debt validation

I have this account that has been bought by Midland Credit Management. It is due to drop off in January of 2009. Anyway, I was going to dispute the validation of the debt since I know the original creditor went bankrupt-FCNB. My wife got a call from them this morning, and during the conversation, they told her that they dont have any verification, or validation, that they just bought the account. They havent reported to the credit bureaus yet, but now I should send them a DV letter, and if they cant  validate anything, they have to C& D. I am going to dispute it with the CBs also, maybe it can be deleted off of all 3.  Tell me what you think. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: debt validation

Yes DV immediately
The minute they receive the DV dispute.

troyb wrote:
I have this account that has been bought by Midland Credit Management. It is due to drop off in January of 2009. Anyway, I was going to dispute the validation of the debt since I know the original creditor went bankrupt-FCNB. My wife got a call from them this morning, and during the conversation, they told her that they dont have any verification, or validation, that they just bought the account. They havent reported to the credit bureaus yet, but now I should send them a DV letter, and if they cant  validate anything, they have to C& D. I am going to dispute it with the CBs also, maybe it can be deleted off of all 3.  Tell me what you think. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: debt validation

troyb wrote:

First,  what is your SOL & what is the DOFD?

If you send a DV and are not past SOL you might have to pay to avoid a lawsuit.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.