Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deceased, but not, need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

deceased, but not, need help

On Jan 9th I had my mortgage guy get my credit score to see if we could get a house loan.  Equifax & Experian report my husband as deceased.  We sent letters to them and received forms from both within a week.  It said they updated the name, ss#, etc.  I took that to mean that it was fixed.  Today my mortgage guy ran my credit again and it's saying the same thing.

I then call the number on the form from Equifax only to be told that he is not deceased in they system nor has he ever been.  She suggested I call Beacon.  But no actual person answers the phone at Beacon.

Then I call Experian and I can't get an actual person there at all.

What do I do?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: deceased, but not, need help

I heard that maybe my info just wasn't updated before my credit was run the second time.  Does anyone know how often Equifax & Experian update your credit score?  How long does it take for a change to show up?
Message 2 of 9
AUBURN32
Valued Member

See my post a couple spots below yours.  I've got the same deal, although I jumped through hoops and was able to close my mortgage.  I had a real strong file.  TU and EQ are STILL reporting me deceased.  I'm  getting basically the same response you are.  "Yeah, we verified you're not dead, and we corrected so everything is fine with you now...blah, blah, blah......."   Then you go to buy $4,000 worth of bedroom suit, put $3,000 down (trying to build up the revolving portion) and I get DENIED.  Why?  Because I'm Dead! 

Just closed a $200,000 mortgage loan the day before.  THERE HAS GOT TO BE A TECHINCAL EXPERT ON THE WORKINGS OF THE BUREAUS ON HERE WHO CAN FIGURE THIS OUT.    Experts, if your out there, how about a little help.

Message 3 of 9
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

@AUBURN32 wrote:

See my post a couple spots below yours.  I've got the same deal, although I jumped through hoops and was able to close my mortgage.  I had a real strong file.  TU and EQ are STILL reporting me deceased.  I'm  getting basically the same response you are.  "Yeah, we verified you're not dead, and we corrected so everything is fine with you now...blah, blah, blah......."   Then you go to buy $4,000 worth of bedroom suit, put $3,000 down (trying to build up the revolving portion) and I get DENIED.  Why?  Because I'm Dead! 

Just closed a $200,000 mortgage loan the day before.  THERE HAS GOT TO BE A TECHINCAL EXPERT ON THE WORKINGS OF THE BUREAUS ON HERE WHO CAN FIGURE THIS OUT.    Experts, if your out there, how about a little help.

I am not an expert, just a rookie that has been fighting this CRA journey for several months now. Lots of reading and research... I just posted suggestions on AUBURN32's post that is very similar to yours, check my posting there. Feel free to ask more questions, there are a lot of experts browsing the questions and always willing to guide you. Just send the info to the parties that are jerking you around. Good Luck! 
Contributor

Not to make light of your situation, but the "denied because applicant is deceased" is my favorite fico score issue/post.  It makes me chuckle every time, but I also cannot believe how difficult it seems to be to get that issue corrected.  Seems like there are WAY too many hoops to jump through to prove you are still alive!

Good luck and keep at it!

Scores June-09: EQ 798 TU-785
Scores Mar-09: EQ 792 (getting close) TU-782
Scores Feb-09: EQ- 786 EX- ??? TU-777
Scores Jan-09: EQ- 791 EX- 786 TU-765
Scores Aug-08: EQ- 786 EX- 779 TU- 737
Message 5 of 9
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Sorry to laugh, but that is hysterical!!!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I tried again today. I still cannot get a person with Experian. Equifax told me they don't have him as deceased and they see no reason why my FICO score cannot be pulled.  So where between her computer and the actual report does the score go to 0?  I called Beacon again and still didn't get a person by got another number and the person I talked to there said it may take 30 to 60 days to fully update.  Does this sound right or will I have to start this fight all over again in 60 days?
Message 7 of 9
AUBURN32
Valued Member

I got the same reply.  That they see no reason why I couldn't get a score as it has been corrected in their system.  I provided all the correspondence and names, dates, times of my phone calls to my loan guy and it satisfied the underwriter.  I closed on my house last week with ONE score.  But it took some persistence.

I'm seriously looking at what legal remedy I can pursue as I'm being denied other credit based on the two CRAs continuing to incorrectly report my status on the one hand, and verbally tell me it's corrected on the other.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're thinking that in 60 days it still won't be fixed?  Yucky!

Will my FICO score drop because of my mortgage guy repeatedly getting my scores?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.