Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted baddies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted baddies

i saw a post about a deletion being re-reported, and was curious....if a collection account or other baddie is deleted, can it be re-reported?  if so, under what circumstances?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: deleted baddies

there could be a number of factors.   The first one I'm thinking of is in the case of an earliler poster,  If the account is disputed but if not verified within the CRA's allocated investagation period ( normally 30days), the item will be deleted.   But that doesn't mean it can't reappear if the account is still owed on.   The CA can then just report again in their next reporting cycle.   I don't believe there are banned from every reporting it as long as the debt is still owed upon and still falls within the 7.5 reporting years.

The other circumstance could be is if the account was disputed that was in the hands of one CA but sold it to another, the new one can report even though the old one was deleted. 
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming something is reinserted try:

I am requesting that you investigate the items listed below.

Name of account, account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This item has not been reported properly. After looking at past and present credit reports it has come to my attention that you have allowed this item to be reinserted into my credit file after it had been deleted. Based on the credit report dates the period during which this reinsertion took place was between XX/XX/XX and XX/XX/XX.

Pursuant to the FCRA, I'd like to be provided with copies of the certification required for reinsertion for this account.

Under the FCRA Section 611(a)(5)((ii) ". . . . reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than
5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.
(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion
(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;
(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; . . . ."

I was not so notified. I am disputing this item. I will allow you 15 days to furnish this information, however if you do not provide the information requested, you must delete this account as required by the FCRA. Please send me a copy of my updated credit report after you have completed this request.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

grazie, tuscani.  you are brilliant.
Message 5 of 7
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Tuscani wrote:
Assuming something is reinserted try:

I am requesting that you investigate the items listed below.

Name of account, account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This item has not been reported properly. After looking at past and present credit reports it has come to my attention that you have allowed this item to be reinserted into my credit file after it had been deleted. Based on the credit report dates the period during which this reinsertion took place was between XX/XX/XX and XX/XX/XX.

Pursuant to the FCRA, I'd like to be provided with copies of the certification required for reinsertion for this account.

Under the FCRA Section 611(a)(5)((ii) ". . . . reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than
5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.
(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion
(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;
(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; . . . ."

I was not so notified. I am disputing this item. I will allow you 15 days to furnish this information, however if you do not provide the information requested, you must delete this account as required by the FCRA. Please send me a copy of my updated credit report after you have completed this request.

Thank you for your time and effort.

**bleep** you're good  Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I try. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.