Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deletion from ex report after dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

deletion from ex report after dispute?

I disputed a collection from NCO on my ex report on 6/18.  The dispute reason was "under litigation and filed complaint with OCC."  On 6/20 when I checked my report  it was no longer there.  I just checked again today and it still on not on there.  Is it common for items to be deleted when under investigation?  I know that in the past with ex when one disputed something it would just say under investigation.

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: deletion from ex report after dispute?

Nope.. if it's gone it's gone. Congrats!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new...what is OCC?  I't would be great if you had a glosary for all these acronym's.
thanks for your help...i love these forums.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That post helped me alot, although OCC isn't there......ooops!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks just what i was talking about....much needed!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I guess I am a little confused because I just disputed this online with ex on 6/18.  The previous times that I disputed with ex online it would simply say that the dispute was under investigation.  My concern is that this may be a temporary thing and that they may place it back on once the 30 days investigation is over with.  They have never deleted anything for me that fast.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OCC= Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.  This office is the regulator of national banks.  BofA, Chase, Wells, etc.....
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I guess I am a little confused because I just disputed this online with ex on 6/18. The previous times that I disputed with ex online it would simply say that the dispute was under investigation. My concern is that this may be a temporary thing and that they may place it back on once the 30 days investigation is over with. They have never deleted anything for me that fast.

They MUST notify you in writing to re-insert.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but why would they delete so fast.  They deleted just because I disputed it? I did not send in anything.  I simply told them that it was a fraud account and that I had filed a complaint with the.  Furthermore, the collection was with NCO and they are notorious for reporting info to cb's.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.