Regular Contributor
loloswims

deletion from ex report after dispute?

I disputed a collection from NCO on my ex report on 6/18.  The dispute reason was "under litigation and filed complaint with OCC."  On 6/20 when I checked my report  it was no longer there.  I just checked again today and it still on not on there.  Is it common for items to be deleted when under investigation?  I know that in the past with ex when one disputed something it would just say under investigation.

Thanks
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: deletion from ex report after dispute?

Nope.. if it's gone it's gone. Congrats!
Established Contributor
so_confused

I'm new...what is OCC?  I't would be great if you had a glosary for all these acronym's.
thanks for your help...i love these forums.
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Established Contributor
trinigal

That post helped me alot, although OCC isn't there......ooops!
Established Contributor
so_confused

Thanks just what i was talking about....much needed!:smileyhappy:
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Regular Contributor
loloswims

Well I guess I am a little confused because I just disputed this online with ex on 6/18.  The previous times that I disputed with ex online it would simply say that the dispute was under investigation.  My concern is that this may be a temporary thing and that they may place it back on once the 30 days investigation is over with.  They have never deleted anything for me that fast.
Regular Contributor
loloswims

OCC= Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.  This office is the regulator of national banks.  BofA, Chase, Wells, etc.....
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

loloswims wrote:
Well I guess I am a little confused because I just disputed this online with ex on 6/18. The previous times that I disputed with ex online it would simply say that the dispute was under investigation. My concern is that this may be a temporary thing and that they may place it back on once the 30 days investigation is over with. They have never deleted anything for me that fast.

They MUST notify you in writing to re-insert.
Regular Contributor
loloswims

Thanks, but why would they delete so fast.  They deleted just because I disputed it? I did not send in anything.  I simply told them that it was a fraud account and that I had filed a complaint with the.  Furthermore, the collection was with NCO and they are notorious for reporting info to cb's.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+