Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denials due to name change-advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

denials due to name change-advice?

hi all, i got denied for a card with walmart (GE Money Bank) for this reason: UNABLE TO VERIFY IDENTITY OF APPLICANT. it is most likely because i got married last year and hyphenated my last name. this is the second time i got denied somewhere because of similar reasons. is this common? i want to do a reconsideration letter; any suggestions? do you think i should send a copy of my new SS card or driver's license (though i am a little worried about doing that through mail)? GE Money Bank didn't list a phone number with their letter, or else i would try to call.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: denials due to name change-advice?

i believe the number you are looking for is:  877-294-7880
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the #. i tried it but, no dice. again, thanks anyway.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about this one:

Not certain whom to contact?
Call the GE Money Info line at 866-419-4096.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

just to update...when i finally got transferred to the right department, all the lady could tell me to do was reapply. she was very hesitant and it seems like she didn't know what to do, or what she was talking about.
i told her i didn't want to reapply because all that was missing was a hyphen in my name, in order to match my ss card/driver's license. but she was just silent and later told me all she could say was reapply.
so basically the conversation went nowhere; i will try my letter.
Message 5 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

If you recently got married ask if you supplied a copy of your marrage license if that would satify the validation if identity.
Message 6 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Also if you havent already. You need to get your SSN card updated with the new info. What that will do is reflect the name change on all 3 of your CRA's. Thats usually the first thing you want to do after getting back from the honeymoon Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah my ss card has my correct last name (with the hyphen) and so does my driver's license.
i sent off a recon letter with a copy of my driver's license (i didn't want to send the ss card) so hopefully that will work. thanks!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a letter today from them saying the same thing. I tried to call and explain that I gave all the info and a guy told me that they don't really have a dept for that. He advise to write back...I said to myself...the heck w/it...must not be meant to be.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.