Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

derogatory information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

derogatory information

My husband filed bankruptcy in 2002 after he lost his business as a direct result of the 2001 September 11th attacks. he has since recovered pretty nicely, but I would like to clean up his reports some more. The accounts that he included in the BK currently show on his reports as derogatory status with 0 balance. they also state included in BK. Can any of these be removed or modified in some way so they dont show derogatory, or is he stuck with them like that until the BK comes off.
Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: derogatory information

sleepynurse3 wrote:
My husband filed bankruptcy in 2002 after he lost his business as a direct result of the 2001 September 11th attacks. he has since recovered pretty nicely, but I would like to clean up his reports some more. The accounts that he included in the BK currently show on his reports as derogatory status with 0 balance. they also state included in BK. Can any of these be removed or modified in some way so they dont show derogatory, or is he stuck with them like that until the BK comes off.
Thanks

The accounts will reamain on the report for seven years after the date of last delinquency with the original creditor. Tha being said, they are reallly not doing any additional dmageto the score ans sincethey were IIB, the creditors are not allowed to update them by law.  I would leave them as is, becauseto show an other way would leave you open to them being resold to othr collectors.

Since his scores have recovered nicely and the debts are s old, he will probably be offered competittive rates considering the BK.

Message 2 of 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: derogatory information

They will stay for 7 years after the date that they were reported as included in the BK.  No they can't change the info into something inaccurate... but there is nothing preventing them from deleting the TL as a GW if they choose to honor his request.   
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.