Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute cc acct. on EQ and TU report, date closed vs. last date of activity

tag
micabo

dispute cc acct. on EQ and TU report, date closed vs. last date of activity

Hey everyone,

Please help me understand what it means when I see on my report details, that the date the acct was closed is an earlier date of the last date of activity.

example:

opened: feb 2002

last date of activity: oct. 2010

closed: jun. 2005

??????????

I'm pretty sure the acct. was closed in 2005. What is the lastday of activity?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: dispute cc acct. on EQ and TU report, date closed vs. last date of activity

@micabo wrote:

Hey everyone,

Please help me understand what it means when I see on my report details, that the date the acct was closed is an earlier date of the last date of activity.

example:

opened: feb 2002

last date of activity: oct. 2010

closed: jun. 2005

??????????

I'm pretty sure the acct. was closed in 2005. What is the lastday of activity?

The DOLA is typically the date that it updates after a dispute or the banks computers re-report the info. If this is a negative with a DOFD in 05 it should already be gone from your CRs..

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: dispute cc acct. on EQ and TU report, date closed vs. last date of activity

Many evetns can be reported after an account is closed.

Closed means that the consumer can no longer use the card.  If closed in good standing with a balance, upated reporting would be required as the balance is paid.

If delinquent when cllosed, updates would be required in both current balance and level of delinquency after closure.

DOLA is only the last date of any reported information, and can occur after closure.  It usually has no affect on scoring or CR exclusion.

If any legit update was reported, there would be no dispute of DOLA.

It is an OC account, so the account itself has no exclusion period or date.  CR excllusion pertains only to adverse items reported under the account, which become excluded based on their indvidual CR exclusion periods. 

If the OC never reported a charge-off or referral for collection, the date of any first delinquency would not be reported, and would be irrelevant.

The OC account would continue in your CR either until the OC choses to delete it, or it has been closed for approx. 10'ish years, and the CRA choses to delete as a housecleaning procedure.  Any prior derogs would drop based on their individual exclusion periods.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.