Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute denied question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute denied question

Ok, I did a dispute when we pulled our credit bureau through annual credit report b/c our dentist is showing up as a collection.  When the agency contacted me I told them that I had paid the bill and had the cancelled check.  I sent the collection agency a copy of the check and now it shows as payment after charge off and this really ticks me off!!  Is there anything I can do about this?  Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dispute denied question

hey, there is one thing you could do... do you own a gun?
Message 2 of 6
future
Frequent Contributor

start by contacting your dentist office, explain to them the situation with the ca being on your cr.  it might of been an oversight on there behalf. they will probably be more than will to asisst you in clearing the problem up.  if necessary dispute it with the cra's
Message 3 of 6
future
Frequent Contributor

glc wrote:
Ok, I did a dispute when we pulled our credit bureau through annual credit report b/c our dentist is showing up as a collection.  When the agency contacted me I told them that I had paid the bill and had the cancelled check.  I sent the collection agency a copy of the check and now it shows as payment after charge off and this really ticks me off!!  Is there anything I can do about this?  Thanks!

so sorry i miss read your post.. did you pay late or was it a error on there behalfthat resulted in the bill being pd late?  if in fact you did pay after it was charged off , you can consider gw..  i still would contact the dentist office explain to them your situation, which resulted in you  paying the bill late.gw
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think maybe it crossed in the mail b/c when the collection agency contacted me by mail it said I had to make pmt to them and the dentist had already cashed the check several weeks before.  I am sort of foggy on it b/c it was in 2004.  I will call the dentist office tomorrow.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dentist needs to correct this - use a HIPAA letter to the dentist (they ARE covered by HIPAA).  Include a copy of the cancelled check in the letter.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.