Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute filed with equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute filed with equifax

I received my annual free credit report and reviewed my equifax and to my shock i found a medical collection item reporting on my credit file.  It wasn't listed on the other 2 - Experian or Transunion.   I filed a dispute without uploading any documentation because honestly have no idea about this collection.  I think i may have found some documentation (bills were sent to my ex-husband) so do you know how to add this info after you submitted the dispute or any ideas what to do?  should i just wait to see what Equifax discovers?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: dispute filed with equifax

Search Whychat HIPAA Process for help with medical collections. We are not Allowed to discuss on this board.

Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: dispute filed with equifax

Yes, submit the information and identify it as new information under the provisions of FCRA 611(a)(1)(B).

I would not wait because if the CRA considers a new dispute to be substantially the same as a prior dispute, they can dismiss it without reinvestigation as frivolous or irrrelevant.  No need to take that chance.

Section 611(a)(1)(B) extends the period for the CRA to complete its reinvestigation from 30 to 45 days if the consumer submits new information during the original reinvestigation period.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.