Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute investigations question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute investigations question

I'm wondering how long it usually takes for disputes on CR, In the past I did a dispute and it was done in like 3 days, Its been 2 weeks now on current one also I did the dispute online, as i understand it they have 30 days to verify information but do they normally take 30 days or was the 3 day wonder result just a CRA's employee's checking there record and saying yep its yours. just curious as to what others have experienced time wise for disputes.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dispute investigations question

dekrist wrote:
I'm wondering how long it usually takes for disputes on CR, In the past I did a dispute and it was done in like 3 days, Its been 2 weeks now on current one also I did the dispute online, as i understand it they have 30 days to verify information but do they normally take 30 days or was the 3 day wonder result just a CRA's employee's checking there record and saying yep its yours. just curious as to what others have experienced time wise for disputes.

They actually verify with the creditor depending on the system they may get an instant response but ifthey are manually verifying, or do their verification with their regular batch processing,it can be some time.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks brammy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The credit bureaus can take an extra 15 days if they receive info from the consumer relevant to a reinvestigation.

Also, when disputing on a report requested under one's free annual report, they can take 45 days.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done plenty disputing in the past couple of months everything everyone has said thus far is true and in experience Transunion was the fastest and in my opinion had a simple on line process to dispute and check status. Equifax gave emailed me with updates as they went through the review process. Ditto with experian. Like Brammy said it takes longer with the free annual report as opposed to the one you pay for. Some also say write letters instead but I think if you print out everything as you go along it should have the same affect someone correct me if I am wrong.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my TL's isn't reporting any payment history on one report and limited history on another.  I've disputed them and gotten emails from both CRA's stating that they will need the extra 15 days to resolve my disputes.  My last disputes - removing an outdated negative - took only a few days with all three of the CRA's.  I'm assuming that the delay is because the account is much newer and still active.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.