Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute, pfd, gw, what next?

tag
Platinum25
New Contributor

Re: dispute, pfd, gw, what next?

Wouldn't it be worth just paying the $15 to show it as paid on his credit report?  That should help out a little bit, no?
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand from reading these forums, a paid collection doesn't help a report very much since it doesn't get the collection deleted. And I think it also has a possibility of re-aging the debt. Is that correct? Tuscani, I see what you mean about waiting this out. I've been searching the forums for what timeline we can maybe expect some bumps up from the collection getting old. Are there any general benchmarks? (We're at one year right now almost exactly... haven't seen anything..) Thanks!
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know if getting rid of that $15 charge will have much impact, but I would PFB at the same time as trying to contact someone higher, more important at the utility company.  Just to let them know that you did not know about the charge.  I would also let them know that you are indeed trying to improve youor credit to buy a home. 
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it held by the gas company itself or a CA??

Have they sent you a complete bill & doc.like a signiture to prove that it is yours.

Gas company doesn't keep those things here...they dumb.  I would think that they would need to .
just giving a bill & saying that its your because you didn't call stinks. maybe you didn't & then maybe you did & they forgot.

takes time to build on new CC.was anyone living there after you left???

Message Edited by NUTZOMOMMY on 07-26-2007 02:33 AM
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not held by a CA, just the Gas & Electric Company. I would love it if they had to have a signature, but I disputed it with each of the 3 credit agencies and apparently PG&E had a enough proof for them to consider it valid. We're pretty sure the apartment was empty after he left, hence the $15 just for keeping it open and the apt. complex showing people around. Is it worth it to send another GW to the CEO? If I use PFB, does that go to someone higher up in the food chain?
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would see if you can do a PFD. I think that would work the best.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Powerup, I've already tried a PFD, if you refer to the first post. Is there any reason to do a second one? Thanks
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about a letter from the buildling complex on their letterhead stating that you did move out on such on such a date and that they were showing the apartment and that you should not be responsible for any payments on energy for that apartment.  They can verify that you/ your boyfriend had terminated the lease.

Just a thought.

Does he have a copy of his original lease?  Did he get security deposit back?  Does he have receipt showing that he got money back on this date, signed by leasing office?  Ask the office for a copy of previous lease and lease ending agreement for the apt.

If he was a good tenant the complex might be willing to help him out

Message Edited by myhearts07 on 07-27-2007 06:41 AM
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened with your disputes?  Any luck?
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue, I had left my apartment, paid up to date and PSEG supposedly had sent this outstanding amount to the address contiunualy after I left.  It showed up as a collection for the first time since its origination (2002) in May this year - I freaked and paid the CA without negotiating removal of any negative info. (to hastey now after reading these forums !!)

I have had to work backwards now and send GW letters to PSEG & the CA (NCO financial).  I also DV'd with all 3 CA's.  Currently Equifax are in their investigation mode, Experian intially stated that they could not do anything after reviewing my info but now they have sent a second letter stating that the Collection is deleted.  But I have heard that it can be reinstated at any time.

After writing to PSEG customer center, I am now going to write to all the PSEG exec board (based out of Newark, NJ)

Kepp on keeping on and keep me up to date with what happens to you and I will do the same.

Good Luck

RJW
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.