Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute resolution reporting

tag
blameitonrio
Established Member

dispute resolution reporting

Hi all!  I have a question that got buried in another post that I started, so I wanted to ask it again.  My husband just got a favorable resolution from a dispute logged with one of the agencies about an account that wasn't his on his report.  Will the corrected info make it to all three agencies?  What if in another type of dispute one agency gives a favorable result but another does not?  We're very new to this and just starting to do disputes, so this is the first result we've gotten.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dispute resolution reporting

When something is on all CRAs and you need to disput it....you would dispute all 3 CRAs at the same time!!!

1 CRAs does not care what the others are doing!!!!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-02-2008 01:00 PM
Message 2 of 7
blameitonrio
Established Member

Yes, we did dispute it will all three CRAs, but have thus far only heard back from one.  What happens in the event that the other CRAs don't come to the same conclusion?  What if one CRA agrees with your dispute and deletes the item, but another one does not?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CRAs have 30-45 days in which to answer a dispute. I can't answer unless I know what the dispute was.  They are all different

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-02-2008 01:07 PM
Message 4 of 7
blameitonrio
Established Member

The dispute was over an account which was on DH's report but was not his.  I'm confident that this one will get resolved in our favor, but my question was to the larger issue of in terms of other types of disputes does it ever happen that there is not the same resolution from all 3 CRAs.  Then what does one do (or does that usually not happen)?  Thanks for the replies!!  Just trying to gain knowledge as this is all new to us!!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it can be common.......What you do next depends on who is reporting an OC (you would send an OC letter)   If its a CA    send a DV   CMRRR

Lets say it is a CC (OC) reporting and it isn't yours.....1 CRA deletes...they other complete the dispute & says *verified*

I would MOV the 2 CRAs   and at the same time send the OC the OC letter!!!

You are starting a paper trail in case you have to file a lawsuit!!

Keep copies of everything!!!   always keep hard copies of all CR   forever!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-02-2008 01:44 PM
Message 6 of 7
blameitonrio
Established Member

Thank you so much for all the info!!  The whole thing truly flabbergasts me.  Does anyone know--what is the purpose of the three different CRAs.  It seems like having 3 different ones which can all do different things and dont' have to coincide with each other just seems like it serves to screw the consumer.  Now I see why some people get lawyers to deal with this stuff!!  some of it almost seems like class action fodder to me!  Anyway, thanks for the info--we will have to start to wade through these murky waters now and figure all this out!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.