cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do any cell phone companies at all report to all credit bureaus with good payments?

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

do any cell phone companies at all report to all credit bureaus with good payments?

Seems like everything on here ive been reading says they only report deliquents. Is this true?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: do any cell phone companies at all report to all credit bureaus with good payments?

over the years, i have had cell service with just about everyone....and no one has ever reported accounts in good standing.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: do any cell phone companies at all report to all credit bureaus with good payments?

Why would they report anything unless they are outside of terms?

Rob
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is it that you borrowed from them?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

what you borrow from them is a month-at-a-time's worth of postpay phone service and the ability to run your bill up just about as high as you want to run it up each month.  they typically run a credit inquiry in exchange for that convenience.  they should report accounts in good standing, as should all of the utility companies that will give you a good spanking if you dont pay.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They must report to some agency. I say this because when I switched from AT&T to Verizon several years ago Verizon did a credit check and told me I had a perfect payment history with AT&T. Verizon was also able to verify my AT&T plan and contract length.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog wrote:
what you borrow from them is a month-at-a-time's worth of postpay phone service and the ability to run your bill up just about as high as you want to run it up each month.  they typically run a credit inquiry in exchange for that convenience.  they should report accounts in good standing, as should all of the utility companies that will give you a good spanking if you dont pay.

I guess I'm just one of the guys that is in total disagreement with that arguement...

Sounds silly to me that water, power, and electricity should report to CRAs. What's next? Scorewatch and TC reporting timely payments??? What about Sports Illustrated and Better Homes and Gardens?Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, I just don't buy into the idea that subscription services should be reported...

Rob
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they report negatives, they should report positives.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anderson wrote:
If they report negatives, they should report positives.

Still disagree... If that were the case, then Hospitals, Dentists and Optomitrists should report payments as well...Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 11
serenity72
New Contributor

I agree what total bs. TY
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.