Established Contributor

Re: do any cell phone companies at all report to all credit bureaus with good payments?

scorewatch and tc are prepay services, which should not be reported, as they are not extending credit.  you pay, then they give you the info.

filling out a card to purchase better homes and gardens, checking the "bill me later" box is a credit transaction...you are obtaining a product and paying for it later.  should be no different than if i bought the subscription on my amex card and then paid my amex card (or didnt pay it).  credit is credit. 

utilities are also credit transactions.  under most circumstances, first they give you water, electricity, cable, etc., and you then pay them for what you used.  that is credit.  they even ask for deposits sometimes.  you can bet your sweet 720 that if you dont pay them, the utility co. and/or their ca are going to report.

FICO_Focused wrote:

I guess I'm just one of the guys that is in total disagreement with that arguement...

Sounds silly to me that water, power, and electricity should report to CRAs. What's next? Scorewatch and TC reporting timely payments??? What about Sports Illustrated and Better Homes and Gardens?:smileyvery-happy:

Sorry, I just don't buy into the idea that subscription services should be reported...

Rob

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.