cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do any cell phone companies at all report to all credit bureaus with good payments?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: do any cell phone companies at all report to all credit bureaus with good payments?

scorewatch and tc are prepay services, which should not be reported, as they are not extending credit.  you pay, then they give you the info.

filling out a card to purchase better homes and gardens, checking the "bill me later" box is a credit transaction...you are obtaining a product and paying for it later.  should be no different than if i bought the subscription on my amex card and then paid my amex card (or didnt pay it).  credit is credit. 

utilities are also credit transactions.  under most circumstances, first they give you water, electricity, cable, etc., and you then pay them for what you used.  that is credit.  they even ask for deposits sometimes.  you can bet your sweet 720 that if you dont pay them, the utility co. and/or their ca are going to report.

FICO_Focused wrote:

I guess I'm just one of the guys that is in total disagreement with that arguement...

Sounds silly to me that water, power, and electricity should report to CRAs. What's next? Scorewatch and TC reporting timely payments??? What about Sports Illustrated and Better Homes and Gardens?Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, I just don't buy into the idea that subscription services should be reported...

Rob

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.