suki_h

do judgements fall off too?

I have a judgement from April 2002, will it fall off of my credit report after 7 years like other neg. info?
Thanks in advance
Frequent Contributor
braznyc

Re: do judgements fall off too?

[ Edited ]
Depends on what kind of judgment it is.

If it's a Tax Lien (state, local, city, federal, etc) those can stay on indefinitely if not paid/released, but once they're paid it's 7 years from the date paid.

But most judgments like small claims, civil, child support, remain for 7 years from the filing date.

Message Edited by braznyc on 02-02-2008 12:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: do judgements fall off too?

My father-in-law had 3 on his CRs. One was tax related, paid, and was about 10 yrs old on his report. We disputed via the CRA and it was removed. Another was related to his business, 6 yrs old, and unpaid and that was removed via a dispute. The last one stuck but was tax-related and paid and was around 7 yrs old.

I also hear from others here that GWs work to if paid.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}