cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you think this is what's keeping me below 700?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: do you think this is what's keeping me below 700?

yeah i got like 14 new accounts in the last 11 months so that killed me lol.
Message 11 of 60
NRB525
Super Contributor

Even with all that, it would be interesting to see what happens when more cards report zeros.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 60
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It must be the 30 and 60 day lates. My AAoA is 1.4 yrs. My current scores are in my signature.
I have more cards reporting than you do. I also have 20 inqs on EX, 17 on EQ and 12 on TU.

I have 25 new accounts within 6 or 7 months.

Message 13 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree. i will pay them down in the next week. i am only reporting like 3% i think
Message 14 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah perhaps. idk how long those lates drag your score down. i figured after about 24 months the score impact would be quite low
Message 15 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
AAoA is crap. like just under 2 years. few baddies (which is the main reason for low scores)
3 thirty day late
1 sixty day
all over 2 years old now

This + your inquiries in the last 6-12 months.  I'm thinking you pretty much answered your own question.  Getting approved for Marriott recently (while comendable on getting it) certainly isn't helping your cause.

I have several times over the number of accounts that you have including new accounts/inquiries (no negatives of any kind), way low utilization, thick profile, etc. and scores are over 800.

Another item to keep in mind is rebucketing.  Try to have less accounts with reported balances and refrain from applying.  Plus, time would also be your best bet, inclusive of those negatives to age off.  You work in lending, this should be familiar territory Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you just curious or are you trying to maximize for a particular purpose coming up like a mortgage etc.? 

Do you have an installment loan? 

I think it's a combo of all of the things listed.

You can see where my scores were when I found this site. I had some 6+ year baddies, high balances, balances on nearly everything, but low inquiries and decent AAoA (I'd bet it was 7 or 8 years or so then). I've currently got 7 or 8 balances reporting, overall util about 10% including one account at 80% and one around 50% (0%). I've got about about 8 new cards in the year, house refi and auto lease each about 8 months old. AAoA is probably just under 6 now (guessing). 

Message 17 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah FinStar. thinking time is a major factor here too. just need to see what a year brings without new accounts.

tortoisewins i am more just curious, not really any plans. i do have an auto loan and just did a secured loan yesterday as i have things to buy but don't wanna part with $3k that easily lol. luckily no credit pull but still AAoA ding and new account when it reports. i have had autos on my report since i was 19 (2010)

Message 18 of 60
Chris679
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
yeah perhaps. idk how long those lates drag your score down. i figured after about 24 months the score impact would be quite low

Don't get your hopes up.  I have one 30 day late from Cap One in Sep 2011.  It recently stopped couting in my TU report and my TU FICO went up from 760ish to 804.  The other two still report the late and are both around 760 still.  These are the FICOs that I get from my credit cards, the ones from myFICO and the ones I got on my last car loan were much higher. 

Message 19 of 60
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Have you been trying to goodwill those lates off? The lates coupled with all the new accounts are holding you down.
Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.