Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does a GW take away the whole account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

does a GW take away the whole account

If you send a GW letter is the whole account going to be removed. Or just the bad info in them.  like 120 days late 30 late  and so on or is the whole account going to be gone. I feel dumb asking this ,but I can't tell for sure.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
treski
Frequent Contributor

Re: does a GW take away the whole account

You can ask for whatever you want.  But remember, GW is goodwill.  I could ask for a Barbie Jeep and a Super Nintendo and 12 lollipops from Santa, but only Santa decides what I get. 

Ask for what you want, nicely of course. 

(FYI, I'm expecting a lot of coal.)

Smiley Sad

edit to add:  Sorry, Im in a strange mood.  Heh.  People have posted success with both, although more success comes with a random late here or there.  I'm trying like crazy to GW two charged-off accounts all together.  Hence, the coal.   Good luck!

Message Edited by treski on 10-09-2008 09:14 AM
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: does a GW take away the whole account

OP, you ask for this late or that late to be removed. Be specific in your letter. Now some OCs are a pain in the rear end and they will delete the account. My only confirmed GW success was that way. Luckily, it was younger than the avg. age and DW's score improved.

@treski wrote:

You can ask for whatever you want.  But remember, GW is goodwill.  I could ask for a Barbie Jeep and a Super Nintendo and 12 lollipops from Santa, but only Santa decides what I get. 

Ask for what you want, nicely of course. 

(FYI, I'm expecting a lot of coal.)

Smiley Sad

edit to add:  Sorry, Im in a strange mood.  Heh.  People have posted success with both, although more success comes with a random late here or there.  I'm trying like crazy to GW two charged-off accounts all together.  Hence, the coal.   Good luck!

Message Edited by treski on 10-09-2008 09:14 AM

I bribe Santa Claus with FICO points, myself.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.