Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does paying some body to delete colltion work

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

does paying some body to delete colltion work

hi iam trying to help my wife fix her credit she ows 6,000 and 4,500 is hospatial  bills i called green tree financing  to delete every thing  and and they said yes they could and it cost $600 to do it but we do not want to waste they money and it comes back on there do u think it would work  becaues it sounds to good to be true
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does paying some body to delete colltion work

Hi horse and welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

I don't think anyone can guarantee you that a baddie can and will be deleted. That's a stretch.

But you can do all the things that they can....for free. All it takes is a lot of reading on this forum, and learn of other peoples experiences in getting baddies deleted.

I was successful in getting 3 collections deleted from my CR's last fall by the knowledge I gain here.....and all for free.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

horse wrote:
hi iam trying to help my wife fix her credit she ows 6,000 and 4,500 is hospatial  bills i called green tree financing  to delete every thing  and and they said yes they could and it cost $600 to do it but we do not want to waste they money and it comes back on there do u think it would work  becaues it sounds to good to be true

From the knowledge I've gained from reading these forms....the answer would be NO....but let the experts speak on it :-)
Message 3 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I would say that if you are resourceful (and you must be, you found this forum), you can do anything that they can do (probably better) and definitely for less $. Get in here and read these threads and come up with a gameplan and make it happen for yourself.

When I first found this forum, I probably read over 400 threads top to bottom before making a post. Consequently, I learned so much that I didn't know. I learned I knew a lot of things (I just didn't have the proper terminology (PFD & GW for example). This forum is the best thing that has happened to me in my credit life. I now only have three baddies on my report (all stemming from my ex-who really owns the crap, but I am paying for them). I know that through the knowledge that I have obtained here, that I will get those off in just a matter of time.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, anyone or any company who will 'guarantee' removal is a fraud - lots of promises, poor results and your money wasted.

The advice and guidance you get here is FREE - you just have to do the work.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
hi iam trying to help my wife fix her credit she ows 6,000 and 4,500 is hospatial bills i called green tree financing to delete every thing and and they said yes they could and it cost $600 to do it but we do not want to waste they money and it comes back on there do u think it would work becaues it sounds to good to be true

i concur with everyone else on here do it yourself and follow the advice that everyone here is giving you it will take some work but at least you know it is done right by the way you and i have a lot in common neither of us have ever had a period welcome to the board
Message 6 of 13
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

I have to chime in here. The MyFico family is an extraordinary group of do-it- your-selfers. They are smart, motivated, filled with great info, and are really good sports. I read their comments daily, ask for advice from these wonderful people, and adopt itheir ideas into my action plan. But, I do use one of those services (The one in Utah..) that charges a monthly fee, and I have had 20 deletes in 2 1/2 months. So for me, it has been worth it. Doing it myself would be time-consuming and aggravating. I'd rather have someone else do the work, while I monitor their performance. The credit building process is rather complicated with having to know the regulations, timing, inside info, legal ramifications, etc., and it is too much for me to think about. If you do it, research the company. If you don't, use MyFico members as your own personal administrative conduit. They are definitely up to the task.
.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask ScarletFever what company that you use? How much do they charge and is it for Utah residents only? I live in FL. Thanks.
Message 8 of 13
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

I do not wish to promote any particular service on these boards. The service that I use is a law firm based out of Utah that most people have heard of if they are rebuilding credit. You should be able to check around and easily find out who it is. The service is obviously available nationally; I reside in New Jersey.

If you follow that path, I strongly recommend subscribing to a 3 in 1 service and MyFico. Pay attention to the members on this site.

Good Luck.
.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you your reply made me feel a lot  better like u said i rather have some body do the work for me.Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.