Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does this look suspicious

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does this look suspicious

If it is hospital, I don't think there is a SOL.

With medical DOFD should be date of service.

Date open is usually when the CA acquires the bill. But both date open matches. Do you remember if you had any kind of services that might been billed seperately? That may be why two different amounts/two different accounts. Possibly the hospital sold off their accounts and your two accounts were not sold together.

I would contact the hospital that you were seen at and ask how much the bill was and if there were 1 or 2 bills.

You could then ask about them pulling it back from the CA and allowing you to work with them.

Message 11 of 15
momof2
Frequent Contributor

i thought that DOFD was the 1st date that the account became 30days past due??
I went to the hospital when i was living in henderson thus the OC being St. Rose Dominican Hospital and the CA being Grant & Weber, but didnt have any actually service done, I went into the hospital for massive back pain that was casuing back muscle spassim's, they told me i was fine and to take some aspirin and sent me on my way, so their couldnt be a 2nd charge for anything cause no serivces were really provided.
 when i looked up the hospitals name i looked at the list of hospitals they have in henderson nv, i dont know which one i went to and my CR doesnt state the address or phone # of the OC so i dont know which one to contact and will it being so many years the hopital wouldnt have my record any longer as they purge files every 3 years,s o i dont think they would really have any record for me.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 12 of 15
momof2
Frequent Contributor

thought I would update those how have tried to help me figure this issue out.
   After several calls and over 2 hours on the phone with both OC's and CA's i have been finally told what the heck the difference between these two CA's are, turns out that the OC EPMG and the CA for this client is CMRE, this bill was for the dr. and the other OC St. Rose Dominican hospital CA is Grant & weber, this bill is for the hospital it self. I wish I knew this from day one cause if i did i would not have sent CMRE a DV, (i hope they dont try to sue me now for $254.80) so yesterday after all those calls and finding out that cmre was the dr.'s bill i instantly typed up a PFD and mailed it today with the outgoing mail.
   Any one have a good guess if the CA is going to sue me for sending the  DV? or should i be okay and wont sue me once they get the PFD?
Also since this collection is a dr bill and DOFD was 10/21/03 does the SOL stand, or is their no SOL cause the dr was a hospital dr and not a dr in a regular dr office?
thanks all
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason for the seperate bills is that the Dr. is part of a Dr.s group that is contracted by the hospital to provide services there. The Dr. is not actually employed by the hospital but the Dr.s group.
Message 14 of 15
momof2
Frequent Contributor

so the dr's bill  does have a SOL which in cali is 4 years so the SOL has passed in 10/07, do i have that right? if so then they cant sue me for DVing them.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.