I have 3 CCs. I ain't gonna get no more Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dog's new t/l confession...

That's a good number. I have (1) of my own (1) with my hubby and I want an Amex Blue/Blue Cash or Clear and another Amex. That will be plenty of CC's to juggle without me getting stressed.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am so embarrassed...Smiley Indifferent

MidnightVoice wrote:
I have 3 CCs. I ain't gonna get no more Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, next year I will start raising CL's for fun Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this legal advice???

dog wrote:
i am so embarrassed...Smiley Indifferent

Message 15 of 24
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Hey dog - Question for ya... with those scores (min are mid 6), how can I get some decent cards? I went online to do the Hawaiian BofA (recommended by this forum) and they turned me down - offfered the secured card instead. I'm waiting for some letters to be received and acted upon as some ollllld stuff is still on my report paid, but with many lates, so the overall picture says I'm good with everything except payment history. But my current history for the last 3 years is perfect. I can't wait for some of this old stuff to go away!!! It's paid, but it just won't go away!!! Good job on your end!
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is legal advice, however....

the general legal information that dog provides is just that- information. for legal advice specific to your situation, you should always contact a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. no lawyer/client relationship has been formed, or should be assumed, by any of dogs posting!

,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)
   U
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, gotagoal, a lot of it depends on which report the ccc pulls....as you can see, my amex success rate has been great, due to my fairly decent ex score.  could you provide your fico (fako) scores to me?  hawaiian b of a spanked me too, but they did give me the b of a secured.  if your ex score is good, i would try the amex cards first....and i would suggest trying delta, hilton or starwood, then possibly waiting a couple of weeks and asking for the amex blue cash.  keep your ut at 0 on your first amex's, i think it helped me pull off the blue cash.  another factor that may be a trick (or not) is that i filled out a new app for the amex blue cash, rather than doing the deal where you logon to your current amex and request a new card.  may or may not have helped.  the bad thing is the lates that you mentioned, and how recent they are...it may behoove you to try your gw's and see what happens before you make your new applications.

Gotagoal wrote:
Hey dog - Question for ya... with those scores (min are mid 6), how can I get some decent cards? I went online to do the Hawaiian BofA (recommended by this forum) and they turned me down - offfered the secured card instead. I'm waiting for some letters to be received and acted upon as some ollllld stuff is still on my report paid, but with many lates, so the overall picture says I'm good with everything except payment history. But my current history for the last 3 years is perfect. I can't wait for some of this old stuff to go away!!! It's paid, but it just won't go away!!! Good job on your end!

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aawwww man...dog...you just had to tell didn't ya...Smiley Very Happy
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my last month's activitity..

New Cards:
Amex Delta (Now Blue) - $1K CL
Hooters - $1K CL
WaMu - $750 CL
Orchard - $300 CL but closed it right away bcuz i got approved for Amex.

Older Cards:
Capital One - $500 CL, 5 yr perfect history
Express - $250 CL, 5 yr old with 90 day mark.

Got all the new cards with 574 EX and 573 TU.

Current Util is around 20%. Will be under 9% by September 1st.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.