Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double entry on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

double entry on credit report

I'm new to this forum.  In 2001, I got a mortgage from WAMU and made a couple late payments.  Wamu eventually sold note to Wells Fargo less than a year ago (never been late).  Experian is showing the same account twice on my report, one as Wells Fargo mortgage "pays as agreed/ never late" and then another entry as Wells Fargo mortgage from the original date of 2001 with the late payments.  That's inaccurate, technically, I have never been late with Wells Fargo.  Should I dispute this? Or is it perfectly legal for one note carrier to pick up where the other left off.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: double entry on credit report

Because they are reporting twice, yes, I would dispute the WAMU tradeline.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

irmat wrote:
I'm new to this forum.  In 2001, I got a mortgage from WAMU and made a couple late payments.  Wamu eventually sold note to Wells Fargo less than a year ago (never been late).  Experian is showing the same account twice on my report, one as Wells Fargo mortgage "pays as agreed/ never late" and then another entry as Wells Fargo mortgage from the original date of 2001 with the late payments.  That's inaccurate, technically, I have never been late with Wells Fargo.  Should I dispute this? Or is it perfectly legal for one note carrier to pick up where the other left off.

This can be reported twice as WaMus reporting was yur account status before it was sold.  Keep in mind, they didn't just start reporting AFTER it was sold to WF those notations have been there all along.  The othing you can dispute is if it is showing open or charged off instead of sold.  That history with WAMU should have ended when the history with Wells Fargo began and it should also reflect sold to transferred to another lender.

As long as its accurate it can be reported jkeep in mind, if you dispute the status of Wamus entry and they decided not to respond, you take the chance of the entire tradeline being deleted, thus losing the history from the beginning of your mortgage.  Pay close attention to the dates if WF has same date opened, it may nt have you complete payment history number of months reviewed and so on.  You go from looking like you can handle a 200k mortgage to whatever theprincipal balance when WF took over if that tradeline is deleted

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-18-2007 08:59 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu is not on my 3 cb reports anymore.  It looks like a continuation from 2001 as Wells Fargo all along on all three cb's with late payments and then on a second single entry only on experian from when WF accutally aquired it a few months ago never late.  The only difference is the acct number is different.  I only have one mortgage.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

irmat wrote:
Wamu is not on my 3 cb reports anymore.  It looks like a continuation from 2001 as Wells Fargo all along on all three cb's with late payments and then on a second single entry only on experian from when WF accutally aquired it a few months ago never late.  The only difference is the acct number is different.  I only have one mortgage.

Okay that clarifies it.  I thught you had WaMus original entry and te the continuation entry from WF that would have been correct

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So should I dispute it or is that the way it supposed to look?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

irmat wrote:
So should I dispute it or is that the way it supposed to look?

The acount number for WF would be different than the accuont number for WaMu

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.