Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop in score - ????????/

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: drop in score - ????????/

@jmhqpa wrote:

The  first score was sent in the letter from the mortgage company - the second score came from a second mortgage company

A mortgage lender pulls all three of your FICO scores. As mentioned above, they use your middle score of the three, but they should have reported all three. (They're required to do so by law.)

Can you go back and look at the letters you got, and see if there is any name connected with the score you got? Look for things like "Beacon" or Empirica" or "FairIsaac Risk Score."

And really, there should be three scores, with perhaps one highlighted.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
jmhqpa

Re: drop in score - ????????/

Wow here we go again- score dropped 40 points

My credit score has been hovering around 710-712 for well over a year- I had no inqjuires , no new cards - probably close to 50% utilization.

In June tradeded in car and bought a new car (inquries from two dealerships within a week) - the payments have started reporting on new car- just saw my FICO score dropped 40 points - whats up

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.