Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equidata/cox communications

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

equidata/cox communications

I have 5 accounts with equidata, 2 from medical and 3 from cox.  last year, i was enrolled in a credit repair program who disputed my ca's.  all 5 equidatas came back verified.  i'm no longer in the program, but its hurting me now.  i sent out a dv to equidata, and they just sent me back billing statements.  i decided that i'd just send out a pfd, just to get it out of my hair, for a settlement at 50%.  they sent back a letter telling me that they didn't have the authority to accept settlements.  I then sent a pfd for the full 100% of the amount.  i received a letter telling me that i had to call them or provide my phone number for them to discuss my letters.  i faxed back a letter telling them not to contact me by phone, but to either mail or fax me back any correspondences.  i called cox, who told me that i couldn't pay them, and had to speak with the ca.  i sent a letter via planetfeedback with no response.  i've also sent a pfd to cox twice with no response.  so, i received another letter telling me that i had to call.  So, i called (i know never talk to a ca), because these are 5 ca's and i need to get them off my cr.  and the csr, told me that since they verified it with cra last year, that they don't really have to delete.  2 of the accounts are within sol, the other 3 aren't.  what are my options now?  by the way, 2 of the cox accounts are for the same account, 1 is for internet, service and the other is for the internet modem.  they have the same account number, but are listed seperatley with 2 different amounts due.  can they do that?
I just called cox again, to double check the amount owed, and they tell me that the internet service charge of $325 includes the modem fee.  So, i don't understand why equidata is billing for that in addition to an additional $75. 

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-01-2008 12:08 PM

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-01-2008 12:26 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
treschic
Frequent Contributor

Re: equidata/cox communications

bump
Message 2 of 4
treschic
Frequent Contributor

bump
Message 3 of 4
treschic
Frequent Contributor

bump. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.