Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax dispute, how does this happen?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

equifax dispute, how does this happen?

We have spent the last month working on a medical collection. We called collection agency and hospital about an old bill 2012. I also disputed it with equifax.  The hospital said it was our debt and they could not bill the insurance since it was 2012 and to old. 

I had also disputed with equifax and got info this week it was  being removed!!! YAY How long will this take to show up?  There was 3 and I cannot remember what I disputed, I thought all 3 but got info on only 2. 

Thanks Tara

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: equifax dispute, how does this happen?

Is the question how it was deleted if the OC and debt collector are both confirming orally?

Removal comes in two flavors.

It could have been voluntarily deleted by the OC or debt collector after receiving notice of the dispute, and thus the CRA dismissed the dispute as moot, or it could have been deleted by the CRA by the conclusion of their reinvestigation.

What did the CRA say in its Notice of Results of Reinvestigation was their specfici finding?  Did they dismiss the dispute, or rule on its deletion?

What was removed, the OC reporting or the collection?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure, This is what the email said:  Smiley Tongue   So can it come back?  

www.equifax.com/CreditReportAssistance or Call us at 866−349−5186. Thank you for giving Equifax the opportunity to serve you.

The Results Of Our Reinvestigation Collection Agency Information (This section includes accounts that have been placed for collection with a collection agency.) >>> We have researched the collection account. Account # − 370215658612 The results are: This item has been deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Trinity Hope Associates,

Collection Agency Information (This section includes accounts that have been placed for collection with a collection agency.) >>>

We have researched the collection account. Account # − 370215672839 The results are: This item has been deleted from the credit file.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the CRA has stated in a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation that they have deleted as the outcome of the dispute. then the FCRA has specfic reinsertion provisions that apply.

Brielfy, yes, it could come back, but it is not likely.

Deletion based on a finding by the CRA in a dispute is not absolute.

However, before the CRA can thereafer reinsert the deleted information, any party who requests the reinsertion must submit a pre-certification of the accuracy of the information.  The CRA can then reinsert, and must send the consumer a specific notice of their reinsertion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.