Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

everyone pl help me, so i can help someone else

tag
future
Frequent Contributor

everyone pl help me, so i can help someone else

here it is in a nut shell,  has anybody heard of first advantage safe rent.  it's a credit agencey that checks your backround, as well as your rental history.  here's the prob, they paid there rent late a couple of times. they received a dispostion but they never went to court because there rent was paid, not willing knowing this info was going on there rental history cr.  to make a long story short they applied for a new apt and was turned down.  they was told that they could go to the courts to have tthem close out the dispostions..  (on there rental report it states- dispostion, type jugement.  i must add none of this info is on thee fico reports)  they went to the courts to close them out and they said they dont have the info any more, it was destoryed( yr2001&2003). my advise to them was to dispute one of the lateness and see how it comes bac, also how should they dispute(mean dispute as what?).  they need to cler this up asap so they move, so please help me so that i  can help them thank you once againSmiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: everyone pl help me, so i can help someone else

I would tell your friends to go to the apartment comapny that ran the credit file and ask for contact information. Then they should contact that company and see what they can do to have it corrected , updated or deleted.  If that doesn't get them anywhere - I don't know....
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: everyone pl help me, so i can help someone else

First Advantage is a specialty CRA as defined in the FCRA.

See 15 USC 1681a(w)

As such, one is entitled to a free annual copy of one's report under FACTA copy.

See 15 USC 1681j(a)(1)(A)

All consumer reporting agencies described in subsections (p) and (w) of section 1681a of this title shall make all disclosures pursuant to section 1681g of this title once during any 12-month period upon request of the consumer and without charge to the consumer.

Here's First Advantage's website.
I'd call and ask about your free copy under FACTA. These idiots (all specialty CRAs in general, not just the First Advantage idiots) tend not to understand they are accountable under the FCRA. This means you might have to fight with them. However, a consumer lawyer might relish the idea of an easy win suing a specialty CRA for willful non-compliance.

As a CRA, specialty or not, you also retain your rights to dispute any inaccurate information with them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.