Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experian reinvestigation

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

experian reinvestigation

Okay, now I'm extreamly upset.  I disputed a judgement as not mine via TU, which transunion deleted.  I then tried my luck at EQ, and equifax deleted.  I lastly tried my luck at EX, and Ex verified.  I didn't know anything about this judgement, and when EX verified it, i began having doubts that maybe i did.  i called an attourney about possibly getting it vacated, and looking into it.  he said it would be a flat fee of about $500 to take care of the whole case, and another attourney said it would be $100 for him to go down to the courthouse to look into. 

well, i didn't know you could look up courtcases online, and where the judgement was apparently taken out at, in Fulton County, Georgia, has free public access to civil court cases, and I'm not on there.  My fathers name is, for child support!! from 1991!! (i didn't know anything about this, so i know it works) i just refaxed experian another not mine.  do you think they will investigate it again? they just verified it in january, but they had someone elses ss# and address on my cr.  I just had those deleted yesterday by faxing not mine and showing proof of my ssn# and dl (that was quick).  just wondering if anyone else had any experiences like this.

BTW, i don't live in georgia anymore, haven't lived there in 10 years.  not sure if the judgement was actually ever mine, or if there ever was really a judgement.  I don't know anyone who can just go down to the courthouse for me.  so, i don't know how, besides hiring a lawyer i can look to see if there are any actual document, but their court database says there is nothing for me.  Hopefully EX will just delete, like everyone else did.

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-27-2008 06:52 PM

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-27-2008 06:57 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: experian reinvestigation

When a CRA verifies after a dispute, send a MOV. Continuing to file more disputes over the same thing will likely get them to call your disputes "frivilous".

Message Edited by sidewinder on 02-27-2008 03:56 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second the MOV
Experian may just kick this one back as already investigated without one.

sidewinder wrote:
When a CRA verifies after a dispute, send a MOV. Continuing to file more disputes over the same thing will likely get them to call your disputes "frivilous".

Message Edited by sidewinder on 02-27-2008 03:56 PM

Message 3 of 6
treschic
Frequent Contributor

should i wait until the reinvestation results come back?  i just faxed it today. or should i wait a few days, to see if it goes away?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd have the MOV letter and ready to go-

Do you use the Exp backdoor? Check and see if it's marked in dispute.

angiepharm wrote:
should i wait until the reinvestation results come back?  i just faxed it today. or should i wait a few days, to see if it goes away?

Message 5 of 6
treschic
Frequent Contributor

i checked today, and it isn't marked in dispute.  i faxed my dispute to the latest fax number.  i'll check on it tomorrow.  if it isn't marked in dispute by tomorrow, i'll send them the mov. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.