Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experian score

tag
mhp
Established Member

experian score

I was approved a capitol 1 credit card. According to Cap 1, my score is 634.   Would this be my experian" fico" score that I received from Cap1 ? When I checked experian.com, my score is 645.  Which is correct?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: experian score

@mhp wrote:

I was approved a capitol 1 credit card. According to Cap 1, my score is 634.   Would this be my experian" fico" score that I received from Cap1 ? When I checked experian.com, my score is 645.  Which is correct?

Did Cap 1 say what score was pulled? That's really the only way to be sure.

The score you get from the EX website is not a FICO score. It's called a "Plus" score and is not used by any lenders.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 10
mhp
Established Member

Cap 1 score was from experian that they used to approve my credit card. So can I assume this is my experian fico score?

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@mhp wrote:

Did Cap 1 say what score was pulled? That's really the only way to be sure.

The score you get from the EX website is not a FICO score. It's called a "Plus" score and is not used by any lenders.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mhp wrote:

Cap 1 score was from experian that they used to approve my credit card. So can I assume this is my experian fico score?

It probably is but I won't go out on a limb and say yes.  Smiley Happy

Did it say Experian FICO score anywhere?

From a BK years ago to:

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add, does it list a score range?

Message 5 of 10
mhp
Established Member

no, it didn't.

Message 6 of 10
mhp
Established Member

no it didn't. thanks for the the responses.

Message 7 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mhp wrote:

no it didn't. thanks for the the responses.

You're welcome but I'm afraid we weren't able to really help decide if this was an EX FICO. I would assume it is but lacking any more details I guess this will remain in limbo for now.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a minute here Smiley Very Happy did Cap1 only pull one report when you apped??

Did you app for a secured card or unsecured card?

Cap1 pulling only one report is like Cap1 giving CLI's Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
mhp
Established Member

Cap 1 gave only my experian score,  This is an unsecured card.  Thanks to everyone who has responded. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.