cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experian wont let me dispute did I do something wrong?

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

experian wont let me dispute did I do something wrong?

I filed some disputes, but now they wotn let me dispute anymore. Theres a message saying to call them. May I have done to many or done it wrong and then get kicked out? TY
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: experian wont let me dispute did I do something wrong?

If you dispute too many at one time they throw an identity theft warning on it.  That could be it.

I personally got tired of all of the erroneous information on my credit report and fired off massive certified letters with a return receipt and have had 3 identity theft warnings put on my credit files.

You did nothing wrong, it is the erroneous reporting and oversight by the credit reporting agencies that are to blame.

My advice is this:

1.  NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER talk to a collection agency on the phone.  In writing everytime.  Tell them all communication MUST BE IN WRITING.  Everything you send them send certified mail with a return receipt. PAPER TRAIL PAPER TRAIL PAPER TRAIL.

2.  NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER dispute anything on line.  You will just get a canned response.  Always dispute with a handwritten note that forces someone to physically look at the letter and it wont be scanned into the computer and give you a canned response.

STUDY THE FDCPA AND THE FDRA and learn it backwards and forwards.

Collection agencies and Credit Reporting Agencies know that the average consumer doesnt know jack about their responsibilites and requirements to safeguard consumer data and they fall short across the board with these responsibilities.

I have even written letters in crayon because (purple) it cannot be scanned into the computer and thrown up to some 8 dollar an hour employee that doesnt give a jack that erroneous credit errors effect my borrowing capacity and the quality of life for my family.

Learn the rules and WHAT THEY MUST DO and stick it to them.

Your credit standing is your LIVELIHOOD and you are at war.  Do not underestimate your enemy (the cra's) because they will slack and sloth and not do their jobs.  You must sometimes give them a nice kick in the ass to get them moving.

They simply do not care if something is reported erroneously or if you have the same account listed multiple times.  They make their money from creditors subscribing to their service.  They lose money when consumers dispute that information.  Your not paying them anything so they treat you like a second tiered citizen.

For Example:  ON transunion I had 4 seperate social security numbers listed, On experian 3 and and equifax 3. 

I had items on there that belonged to other peoples social security numbers and other peoples names.

It was a pain in the ass just to sort through all the erroneous information in the start of this mess.

And then it is a pain in the ass to get them to follow the rules.

They send you canned responses that tell you nothing...even when you quote directly from the FDCPA and the FDRA reminding them of what they must do and how they must report it back to you.

You must document everything and it all must be in writing......THIS IS CRUCIAL.

You must not be afraid to take them to court if need be.

It is amazing how many stories I have read that they simply do nothing until they are served...and then it is amazing how quick they buckle.

Message 2 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Yes it probably just set a red flag off and they want to verify your information.   Sounds like it automatically happens after a certain number of disputes wjthin a certain timeframe.  I don't know if it will reset itself in a day or so for you to resume, but certainly don't be scared to call... I'm sure they'll just as you a few ID questions etc... you aren't in any trouble.  

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

GREAT POST!!  THANK YOU.

I have 1 or 2 CA on my report. I just filed 6/24 disputes on them. Should I  go ahead & mail them a DV now instead of waiting for disput report????  I never talk to them on phone although it is LEGAL for me to record all my calls in or out. It can be used in court. I don't talk because im unsure of myself.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity, if one planned to sue a CR for violations, how do you go about doing it when one lives in a different state?  I think/hope I have a lawyer to help with this, but if I don't, I read somewhere that going to small claims is the best way to do it.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a CCC or a CA  wants to sue you  then it is done in your state court.

If you want to sue the CRA  it is done in federal court.

I also think in some cases if a CA breaks a fed. law it would be same.You would bring charges in federal court......as i said I think  so don't take that to the bank YET!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-06-2007 05:34 AM
Message 6 of 7
serenity72
New Contributor

tyvm!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.