Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fee on my credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fee on my credit card

I have a credit card I've had for a number of years.  At some point they started charging me a $4.00 per month fee.  I have called and asked them if they would lose the fee.  They said no. I don't want to cancel the card and hurt my credit score which is very good.  I have one other card.  Any ideas?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you use the card at all?  If you don't then you don't...

Do you use the card at all?  If you don't then you don't have much bargaining leverage.

Do you have a balance on the other card?  If so, you might consider asking them to end the fee permanently so that you can transfer your balance from the other card over.  They either will or won't.

If they won't, then the question really is... is a good score worth $48 per year to you?  A 3-way report each year costs that... and a drop of just a few points could cost you more than that per year in interest.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roscoe, do you haveany other card besides the one?  Were...

Roscoe, do you haveany other card besides the one?  Were they opened around the same time?  I had the same issues after having a card for 4 yrs.  I did wind up closing the card and my score initially took a hit but in the past year with good payment habits, my sscores have increase 100 points.  I had one other card that was the same age and opened a couple of others.  Unless you can get no other card except that one with the annual fee, the annual fee is not worth it IMHO.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.