Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico has risen

tag
rudy
Regular Contributor

fico has risen

My fico score has went from 612 EQ to 667 EQ. I have corrected everything. I have gotten some late pays removed and have done everything else possible. However, my utli is high. Working on paying down. What else could help me make the 700 club. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fico has risen

a big thing that helps fico is # accounts w/ balances. Reduce your total accounts w/ balances (installments and CC's) to 5 or less. Ideally 4 or less. Also, reduce your utilization to below 30%, then below 10%. You'll see big gains right there.

Pull credit daily with truecredit
Dispute inaccurate info
GW if dispute does not work

hope this helps
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

rudy wrote:
My fico score has went from 612 EQ to 667 EQ. I have corrected everything. I have gotten some late pays removed and have done everything else possible. However, my utli is high. Working on paying down. What else could help me make the 700 club. 

Congrats on the big score increase!  Hard work does pay off.  Smiley Happy

Definitely get the util down.  I don't know what you mean by "high" but as rifleman says, get it below 10% if you can. 
Message 3 of 7
rudy
Regular Contributor

I am also doing balance transfers to consoladate my debt into one place. so I can really she the diffrence. At the present time utilization is around 37 percent from what I have read is high.
But another question is. Whaen comparing all three credit reports. They all pretty consistent with the information. But TU gives me 676, EQ 667, EX 642. Why the diffrence they all should be around the same since the information on them are the same. I am thinking about asking for lines of credit increases, since I am at a 667 median score. Hope fully by doing this it will lower my utilization percentage. What you think 
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they don't do a hard pull on your credit--then yes, go for some credit line increases. Would you mind sharing what your limits/balances are?
I have heard that having too much available credit when buying a house is looked down on, so if you're buying a home, it might not be a good idea to bump up your limits.

If I were you I'd focus on paying down your balances to below 10% ASAP, because it will have a big boost on your score and you will have saved yourself lots in interest sooner.
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@rudy wrote:
But another question is. Whaen comparing all three credit reports. They all pretty consistent with the information. But TU gives me 676, EQ 667, EX 642. Why the diffrence they all should be around the same since the information on them are the same. I am thinking about asking for lines of credit increases, since I am at a 667 median score.

I think each CRA leans a little differently on the various areas. This makes sense, because why else would different lenders pull different reports? I'm just theorizing on this, though. My reports are pretty much identical, and EQ is now running exactly 40 points behind TU and 50 behind EX. In fact, EX has a late that the others don't even have. (Not sure it's mine, either.)

Do you have any lates? In my experience, EQ penalizes more for lates than do the others. Grrrrrr.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
rudy
Regular Contributor

At the present time I am not looking to purchase any property. Unless it is for investment purpose. However, I do have my own bussiness. What I have found out is alot creditiors look at me first.,then the bussines. So it would be nice to have a score they will not look down on.
The first thing that I ask, is this a hard pull or are you going on my credit history with your company. Many want to do a hard pull. So I reject the possibilities of doing a increase ( to many inquiries on report, alot will come off next year). However, asked HD for a increase they gave it to me.
The focus is paying everyone off in full by the end of year. That is the goal, whether I make it ? It really does not matter. By shotting for it will put a pretty nice dent in everything. Just looking for some more easy tips to increase score that has not been tried yet.

The big things are easier to handle, it is the small things that make it hard
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.