Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score a leasing autos

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico score a leasing autos

How does your fico score impact your car lease payment?  I'm considering both leasing and buying a car.  I can figure out my approximate payment with an online calculator.  How do I determine the impact of the score on a car leaseI know they look up your credit history but how do you know the impact; how can you be savvy about the lease agreement payments being offered?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fico score a leasing autos

Can't speak to the lease agreements, but most new accounts will lead to a 15-25 point hit. Of these, most points will return within 4-6 months once it reports.
Message 2 of 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: fico score a leasing autos

bcg......FICO scores do influence your lease payment. As you would expect, the higher your score the higher the probability your payment will be lower. Thing is, you can't tell by how much unless you go and crunch the numbers with the dealer. Also, be advised dealers do not use your FICO score, they use an auto-enhanced score which always seems to be several points lower (at least, that's my experience).

I"ve been leasing my vehicles since 1996. If you are thinking of leasing, I'd check out a few CU's.  

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.