cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score does not mean min requirments?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico score does not mean min requirments?

Hello everyone! First time poster! Love the site.  So on to my question I've pulled all 3 of my fakos  644 for experian, 659 for transunion, 659 for equifax.  I went to pull my fico score from myfico.com and both the transunion and equifax say that they are sorry they cannot pull my score because it does not meet the minimum requirements for scoring.  I have 2 past due collections that I have paid off and am working to have removed now, but other than that have no other credit history current.  My oldest account is 11 years and two of them were left in good standing.  Is it because I have not had any recent credit activity?  What does this mean when I go to a lender for a loan and they try to pull my fico?  I know the scores can vary greatly between those and fako's but i thought it would be at least close to those ranges.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fico score does not mean min requirments?

Borrowing from the Education tab....

What are the minimum requirements for a FICO score?

There's really not much to it; in order for a FICO® score to be calculated, a credit report must contain these minimum requirements:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).
Message 2 of 3
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: fico score does not mean min requirments?

THere are two different issues here.

1. There are many, many different FAKO scores. Some, like the Plus Score, have a similar range to Classic FICO scores - about 300-850. This can give you scores that differ from Classic FICO scores by as much as 100 points. Some have ranges that go up to 990. That might give you scores that vary from Classic FICO scores by as much as 200 points.

2. You probably don't have enough current information for FICO to calculate a score.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.