Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score versus consumer report score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico score versus consumer report score

My current fico score for TU is 720 and Equifax is 713, however my scores on my consumer credit report are TU 623 and Equifax 614, i compared the entries and they arepretty much the same, the only thing is that my fico reports show 2 collections as being paid by co-signer, i called my fico and they told me that it meant a 3rd party was paying the debt, i had a credit repair service that had the accounts in dispute but when i look at the reports on my fico page it does not list them as being in dispute, does any one know if the fico scores would be so apart from the consumer scores?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fico score versus consumer report score

I'm assuming you got the 720/713 from myFICO. Where did you purchase the 623 and 614 from?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got them free credit score.com
Message 3 of 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

They are called FAKO or non FICO score.

They are scoring models that weigh differently to determine a score. I would take those scores with a grain of salt. But like some lenders like AMEX have an internal score to determine qualifications. 

There are a ton of different scoring models, but FICO is majority used

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.