Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico score

Hello all I am really confused now. I checked my score at my fico this morning before going to the bank and my fico said my eq score is 646 so i go to the bank and try to get a loan then the bank pulled eq report and it said my eq score was 678  so do the banks get diffrent scores than i get from my fico
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: fico score

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all I am really confused now. I checked my score at my fico this morning before going to the bank and my fico said my eq score is 646 so i go to the bank and try to get a loan then the bank pulled eq report and it said my eq score was 678  so do the banks get diffrent scores than i get from my fico

That's interesting.  I'm going to hold off buying any more FICO scores.   When I hear cases such as these, I can't help but wonder if my FICO score is a FAKO too.  

Message 2 of 13
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I agree...this is very frustrating.

I have read on these forums that auto dealers, for example, use a different FICO calculation than a mortgage banker.

Very frustrating, however, that we pay for a "true" FICO score here, and then it doesn't match the bank.

Message 3 of 13
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

I think the issue is that different lenders can choose to use different FICO models. I think it would be impossible for myFICO to offer every possible model so they give us a genuine, real FICO but probably of the most general and/or most used type. Personally, I think it is still a good investment. It gives me a baseline from which to work and evaluate changes.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't work for FI (FICO's proprietor) nor do I have any financial stake in them. They have a financial stake in my wallet if anything. I wish there were less scores and there was only 1 choice at each bureau, but that said, these scores are better than you can buy anywhere else. Many of the scores here are used (TU is the biggest drift from this),but by and large EQ is good and when they sold EX that one was too. As the previous poster said, it may not be exact, but it is a good general guide AND the advice they give is excellent as to what is holding back your score. Use this website and you will find ways to raise your score in the short and long term.

Sorry that yours didn't line up but at least the bank got the higher score!

Message 5 of 13
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

IMHO, credit scores are about  as useful as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Smiley Wink

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The should be a website called "MYFICOS". They would then provide the top 20 models used by mortgage, aouto and other lenders.....That way before you go and apply you have a real....score in hand.

Message 7 of 13
mystikal1
Established Contributor

I agree when lender pulled Eq right on the money, TU 24pts lower here.
Message 8 of 13
Eurosooner7
New Contributor

I have had this issue several times. Lenders use this 'FICO', but they combine their own system with the FICO  that is weighted differently depending on application. For example, for an auto loan high UTIL may affect your score more negatively  than it would with a different type of loan.
FICO Score challenge 2011

1. GOAL 750

2. CURRENT 687 695 679

3 PLANS Decrease UTIL %..Im currently at 75% EEEEKKK!!!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in this case i guess t worked to my advantage. A little off topic the thing is on the fico score summary it says one of the things lowering my score is no history of revolving trade lines. So i go to the score simulator and click open new credit card account with 1000 limit and it shows my score going from 646 to 688 i dont like revolving accts i have never had any just alot of installment credit accts. so i guess the question is not having revolving trade lines hurt my score?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.