Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filed dispute with CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

filed dispute with CRA

I disputed some errors on my CR with experian, equifax, and TU. I did experian online but dont' know where to go to get the response. does anyone know? one place said I need a confirmation # from my credit report but I never got one. any suggestions?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: filed dispute with CRA

where di you get your report from in order to dispute? Your report should have a number on the top on page one. If you got your report from myfico I recommend you go to www.annualcreditreport.com and get your free annual credit report which will have a number.
To get results go to https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=STATUSCHECK and yes you'll need that CR number.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is what it said:

Either you have not recently requested an investigation and there is no investigation pending, or some of the items that are being investigated may not appear until later because they required additional processing.

what does that mean? I sent about three weeks ago.

Message 3 of 6
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Call experian directly : follow these instructions

Experian   800‑493‑1058

Say "yes"; enter report #; enter social security #; say "yes"; say "agent" then "yes" to confirm at prompts thereafter.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, I'll try that. It says "investigating" on my report. So, I guess they are investigating... maybe. The items are so old  (2002) they probably can't get any info on me.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dispute online with experian and they sent an email with a link to view my corrected report once they updated everything i disputed
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.