Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

financing for autos?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

financing for autos?

I would just like to hear some of your experiences.What cra did they use,what score you have and the terms you were offered.
   Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: financing for autos?

It seems as though the dealers themselves will pull equifax to see where you stand and to see what banks they should send you to based on your report. Then they send you to a bank and they pull your credit a second time which tends to be transunion. THats where you end up having many inquiries. But as long as you do it in a 2 week span it doesn't effect your score. The banks come back with a score based off the report they pull not the one the dealer pulls. I live in GA and following people pulled Trans on me HSBC, Citi auto, Americredit, Nissan motors, Wells fargo.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my experience. I just picked up my car yesterday.

TU 667/ EQ 664 / EX 682

I am in CT.

Dealership pulled TU.
Then I had the following pulls:
Chase Auto Finance - TU
BCI Financial Corp - TU and EX
TD Banknorth - EX

I was approved at 8.9% through Chase. I had my previous loan with them with several 3-year old lates. I was making a big downpayment on the car. Loan was for about $18,000.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info thats what I was looking for.I  thought Eq would be the primary one pulled?You scores lppk similar to mine cept for EQ which I am working on.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya, so far I haven't had anyone pull EQ.
In addition to the car loan, I have other inquiries for credit, cell phone, etc and only TU and EX have been pulled.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 6 of 7
John060675
Valued Contributor

Credit Unions love to pull EQ.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.