Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first premier debt recovery dept?

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

first premier debt recovery dept?

does first premier have a debt recovery department?  i have a chargeoff from a card in 2005 for $400.  the CA is Arrow.  I called first premier to try to pay it, but was told to contact arrow.  i know sometimes companies have special departments to allow you to pay charge-off's off.  first premier is reporting as a charge-off status, and arrow are also reporting.  i've already disputed arrow, and it came back verified.  i've also already sent out a dv with no response, and am getting ready to send a f/u.   I emailed a pfd to Jane Massmann Weber.  Anyone else have anymore suggestions or for anyone with any success, what was your strategy?
DOLA: 4/05-according to all 3 Credit Reports
 i got the card in va, but i currently live in md. 
VA sol for written contracts: 5 years oral contracts: 3 years
MD sol for written contracts: 3 years oral contracts: 3 years

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: first premier debt recovery dept?

Virginia Statutes of Limitation

Open account: 3 years from the last payment or last charge for goods or services rendered on the account. (includes Credit Cards) 

Written contracts (non-UCC): 5 years.

Sale of goods under the UCC: 4 years.

Virginia Judgments: 10 years, and renewable (extended) to 20 years.

Foreign judgments: 10 years.

You can find these here: 

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC08001000004000000000000

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because the SOL runs out 5/08   you might have done better waiting till then. They might be getting ready to sue IF DV is past 30 days.

If no answer from CA on the DV after 30 days  send 2nd letter. CMRRR

If you already disputed OC   send OC letter  CMRRR   they must answer it.

I wouldn't dispute CA

What does EX and TU have for DOFD (drop date)?  also DOLA drop for EQ?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-26-2008 05:39 PM
Message 3 of 4
treschic
Frequent Contributor

I've already disputed arrow, and it came back verified.  i didn't dispute first premier. the drop date is 2012 (not sure of month) DOLA is 4/05.  I'm getting ready to send a 2nd dv to arrow.  Just want to pay it off, but i also want it gone off my reports. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.