Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foreclosure with home equity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

foreclosure with home equity

I had a house foreclosed on approx. 7 years ago. At the time I also had a home equity loan on the house for $23,000. I assumed this was included in the foreclosure, however, the $23,000 shows on one of my credit reports as in collection. I have not made any payments or had any contact with this company since the foreclosure. Do I still owe them 23k even though I do not own this house anymore. Can they still come after me for the money now or 10,20,30 years from now? Thanks for any help I can get.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: foreclosure with home equity

2nd Mortgages are 2nd in line to get their money.
How much was the first note and how much did they sell it for?
The CA will drop 7 year after DOFD
The SOL in your state will determine how long they can sue you. (Written contract)

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a house foreclosed on approx. 7 years ago. At the time I also had a home equity loan on the house for $23,000. I assumed this was included in the foreclosure, however, the $23,000 shows on one of my credit reports as in collection. I have not made any payments or had any contact with this company since the foreclosure. Do I still owe them 23k even though I do not own this house anymore. Can they still come after me for the money now or 10,20,30 years from now? Thanks for any help I can get.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.