kak
New Visitor
kak

foreclosure with home equity

I had a house foreclosed on approx. 7 years ago. At the time I also had a home equity loan on the house for $23,000. I assumed this was included in the foreclosure, however, the $23,000 shows on one of my credit reports as in collection. I have not made any payments or had any contact with this company since the foreclosure. Do I still owe them 23k even though I do not own this house anymore. Can they still come after me for the money now or 10,20,30 years from now? Thanks for any help I can get.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: foreclosure with home equity

2nd Mortgages are 2nd in line to get their money.
How much was the first note and how much did they sell it for?
The CA will drop 7 year after DOFD
The SOL in your state will determine how long they can sue you. (Written contract)

kak wrote:
I had a house foreclosed on approx. 7 years ago. At the time I also had a home equity loan on the house for $23,000. I assumed this was included in the foreclosure, however, the $23,000 shows on one of my credit reports as in collection. I have not made any payments or had any contact with this company since the foreclosure. Do I still owe them 23k even though I do not own this house anymore. Can they still come after me for the money now or 10,20,30 years from now? Thanks for any help I can get.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}