Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: found this article on Debt Collectors

Great article. Sure makes one think....hmmmmmmmm
Message 2 of 4
Boswd
Valued Contributor

It sure does.   I think alot has changed in their dealings with debtors because of the new BK laws.   And go to this forum  http://forum.freeadvice.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84  and read some real life horror stories of people being sued and default judgments and the last of their worries is there FICO SCORE.  Paying rent and food are now the obstacle for some of these people.    This why I've said on past post, if you exhausted all resources on trying to get a PFD and still no luck, you have to know when to just move on and pay it and NEVER  just blow it off.  
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I agree, and it is quite sad when you have to decide between paying an old debt because of a judgment and food on the table.  The really sad part is that poeple don't know the rules of the debt/credit game and the playing field is not level.  However, these forums are an excellent resource and hopefully people will learn how to play the game and learn to never ignore a debt.  There are options, and while some OC or JDB will sue, there are rules that they have to follow too.  So, stay informed and respond to all legal correspondence immediately.  Unfortunately, the "I didn't know that" will not work and a lot of times the law can work in the consumer's favor.  If they had only been more informed....
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.