cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free EX report after buying Quicken--not full report?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

free EX report after buying Quicken--not full report?

I downloaded Quicken Deluxe 2008 the other day, and it came with a free EX credit report (and EX Plus Score! woo-hoo!) I went ahead and pulled the freebie this morning, and it only displays the past two years, not the whole shebang, even when I click "view full report." I keep looking for some way of expanding it, but no luck so far. Other than different graphics, it looks like the same training-wheels report I get via TrueCredit.

I seem to be enrolled in a 30-day free trial of CreditCheck, via ConsumerInfo.com, which is part of EX. They will send me an e-mail toward the end of my trial period (why, of course they will!), and then if I don't cancel, they will start sucking the monthly fee off my CC.

Has anyone else accessed their EX report this way? If so, is there some way to make it display the full report? If not, it looks pretty useless--no dates, no listing of soft inquiries, etc. thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: free EX report after buying Quicken--not full report?

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I downloaded Quicken Deluxe 2008 the other day, and it came with a free EX credit report (and EX Plus Score! woo-hoo!) I went ahead and pulled the freebie this morning, and it only displays the past two years, not the whole shebang, even when I click "view full report." I keep looking for some way of expanding it, but no luck so far. Other than different graphics, it looks like the same training-wheels report I get via TrueCredit.

I seem to be enrolled in a 30-day free trial of CreditCheck, via ConsumerInfo.com, which is part of EX. They will send me an e-mail toward the end of my trial period (why, of course they will!), and then if I don't cancel, they will start sucking the monthly fee off my CC.

Has anyone else accessed their EX report this way? If so, is there some way to make it display the full report? If not, it looks pretty useless--no dates, no listing of soft inquiries, etc. thanks

Unfortunately the new Vantage score gives a higher weight to you past two years payment history, that may explain why the short report. Supposedly designed to give people with no credit or less than perfect credit equal footing in the lending market. Personally I would rather see the whole thing than two years as most don't have major financial difficulty every two years.

I guess they figure if you pay on time for two years, you're liable to pay for two more. That plus the maturity factor comes in. A kid who made mistakes in colleg is not as likely to continue to make the same mistakes.  That being said th epoint may be moot as most creditors are not using this model for lending anywhoo.

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately the new Vantage score gives a higher weight to you past two years payment history, that may explain why the short report. Supposedly designed to give people with no credit or less than perfect credit equal footing in the lending market. Personally I would rather see the whole thing than two years as most don't have major financial difficulty every two years.

I guess they figure if you pay on time for two years, you're liable to pay for two more. That plus the maturity factor comes in. A kid who made mistakes in colleg is not as likely to continue to make the same mistakes. That being said th epoint may be moot as most creditors are not using this model for lending anywhoo.

Yeah, I knew the score was meaningless, but I was hoping to get a report directly from EX with all the uglies on it. Oh, well, you get what you pay for! Guess I'll go ahead and start the cancellation argument process. thanks

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-23-2007 10:22 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you buy or receive a EX report with a report number. You can update the report in real time anytime you want too.

http://www.experian.com/viewreport
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.