Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free eqifax fico score??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

free eqifax fico score??

Iv recently had a change to my credit report and CK is showing a 51 point increase. I know that I cannot put any stock into CK scores. I have a membership with CCT but I dont get new score updates until May 15th. Is there any place for me to get my EQ fico score for free or on a trial membership? I already have accts for every FAKO score out there.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: free eqifax fico score??

DCU membership + some relationship level for EQ Beacon 5.0 (FICO 04, or as FICO labels it for some stupid reason FICO 5).

Citi card, provides EQ FICO 8 Bankcard.

Beyond that I don't know of any, look at the change on CK (not the score) and should be able to predict what one's FICO will do.  It's not that long to wait frankly till the next CCT update, always best to keep in mind credit building is a long term journey for most folks unless they're among the fortunate who can get literally everything negative deleted.

        
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: free eqifax fico score??

@Anonymous wrote:

Iv recently had a change to my credit report and CK is showing a 51 point increase. I know that I cannot put any stock into CK scores.

Always consider the specific scoring model -- not just FICO/FAKO.  Are you looking for an EQ FICO 8 or another EQ FICO?

You can put stock into your CK scores.  You just can't use them to determine what your scores are aside from your TU and EQ VantageScore 3.0's.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine your score based on another model.  If you want to know a particular score then you have to go and pull it.  VantageScore 3.0 is not designed to mimic a FICO model.  Your scores from CK are only relevant to creditors that use them.

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have accts for every FAKO score out there.

Don't just rely on numbers.  Be aware of the model and CRA for any score.  Also be aware of that score's relevance to creditors.  A score that is not used by any creditor is not of much use.  Even FICO has many more than just one model used by creditors.  FICO 8 is the most commonly used model but don't assume that you can rely on just one scoring model for all creditors and products out there.  If, for example, a creditor uses an EQ FICO 8 Bankcard then your EQ FICO 8 (or any CRA other than EQ and any model other than FICO 8 Bankcard) won't matter for that decision.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.