Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gained 3 whopping points.

tag
annah
Contributor

gained 3 whopping points.

I HATE EQ!  Only fair since they seem to hate me too!

I had 7 inquiries deleted, 2 student loans that were still showing old lates, got those lates deleted, and got a repo removed. Granted, the repo was about 5 years ago, but STILL!

I would have thought, even with old lates, that I would have gained more than 3 points! Especially since the lates on my SLs were multiple 120s!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: gained 3 whopping points.

Hmmmmm, sounds like you are in my paddywagon!!  Me, too!!  You can catch up on my story on my thread..... "WHAT?!! ***stomping.......

We can wallow in our sorrow togetherSmiley Sad

Sorry for your measly gain...i lost points!! Smiley Mad

Message Edited by sunrise on 01-14-2008 04:42 PM
takin' it one day at a time
Message 2 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

EQ is like a battleship for me too. TU and EX go up and down depending on my behavior but EQ is immovable. I won't even bother to pull it anymore.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a re-bucket to me. 

Keep at it - the ceiling just got raised.

annah wrote:
I HATE EQ!  Only fair since they seem to hate me too!

I had 7 inquiries deleted, 2 student loans that were still showing old lates, got those lates deleted, and got a repo removed. Granted, the repo was about 5 years ago, but STILL!

I would have thought, even with old lates, that I would have gained more than 3 points! Especially since the lates on my SLs were multiple 120s!

Message 4 of 6
annah
Contributor

I've tried looking through old posts, and I think I understand the concept of buckets.

I haven't figured out though what qualifies for re-bucketing. However, I have just passed the 2 year mark since my bk was discharged. I wonder if that would be enough to make them re-bucket me?

Then again, I've also only had 1 30 day late in the past 2 years also, no other lates. So I suppose that could have done it too, with there being no "major" derogs?

So I suppose that should be a good thing. LOL. I have a good "recent" history! Now that I've just thought of that, maybe I can hope for a better score jump when I pay off some of my ccs!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You and me both hate Equifax.

Lost 7 points because of 2 inq. that were not mine. disputed and removed but only got 2 points back.

Geesh.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.