Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gaining employment versus reduced income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: gaining employment versus reduced income

I will graduate with my BS in Business Admin with triple majors in Accounting, Management, and Human Resource Management. I graduate in December.
Message 11 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats. Triple majors. How many credit hours? 200 plus?
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have had that auto reporting for 1 year....I would check out refi.......I did mine & had the same int. that you did......but my payments were $300 a mo. for 5 years

I refied.....for 5 more years & payments are $250....I pay 1 month ahead of time & pay never under $300.....cuts the int.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reality Check! 

• Do you 'need' to take the $7.25/hour job to survive?
  • How much of a house do you figure you could buy earning $7.25/hour?  Truthfully, I would delay this...
  • Need cold hard cash -- BLACKWATER
Message 14 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Reality Check! 

• Do you 'need' to take the $7.25/hour job to survive?
  • How much of a house do you figure you could buy earning $7.25/hour?  Truthfully, I would delay this...
  • Need cold hard cash -- BLACKWATER

Great idea!!! My biz partner is serving points unknown with Blackwater. In the beginning he was earning 6 figures every six months.

BTW, isn't $7.25 min. wage now?

Message Edited by llecs on 04-01-2008 08:39 PM
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:
Congrats. Triple majors. How many credit hours? 200 plus?

No because the Management degree just requires two classes that the Accounting doesn't and the Management/Human Resource Management degrees are set up to where when you satisfy the requirements for one, you satisfy the other also.

I had originally just looked at adding the Human Resource Management major and my advisor told me I'd actually add a management and a human resource management.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally, I am a very compassionate and objective individual.  However, Lady Scarlet, you really should think about what you are going to say before you write it.  I do not need a REALITY CHECK.  If you had actualy read the post, you would know that a) I have income, b) I am not buying a house right now c) my question was about refinancing an auto loan now vs waiting until I secure a mortgage in the next 18 months.  

Fortunately for me, there are very knowledgable and intelligent people on this forum who offered me some great useful advice.  

I wish you all the best in whatever you pursue in life. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady Scarlet is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on this site. Her response was in regard to your first post in which you mentioned the first time home buyers pprogram that you are in the ends in Nov. and that you have 6 months after that to keep the matching contribution. She is right making only $7.25/hr will not get you much house. As someone suggested try any police/sheriff's departments in your area. Also check with your state prison and parole agencies. I know that the prison system that I work for has permanent openings for correctional officers, no degree required.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

montique0810 wrote:
 Given that little history, how much of an impact is my employment going to be factored in to considering me for mortgage loan approval.

Lady_Scarlet answered that question...............with $7.25 an hour you wont be approved for a very high mortgage. If you need cash to survive, sure taking a job like that would be a no brainer, you'd do it.

But, if you are simply taking it for your loan approval, you will not be approved for much.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.